Visiting Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Myrtle Beach: An American Destination
Founded in 1938, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has been a favorite tourist destination ever since. Set in the sunny south, Myrtle Beach offers fun in the sun and so much more. If you are considering a trip to this South Carolina favorite, here are a few reasons why you should start planning your trip today:
1. Beaches: Whether you are bringing your family to Myrtle Beach or planning a romantic getaway, a day spent at the beach is a must. Don’t worry – with over 60 miles of beaches to choose from, you can carve out your own little spot and spend hours playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean and soaking up the glorious warmth of the sun. Go for a long walk along the shore to unwind after a long day and take in the sounds of the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Golf: One of the top reasons visitors flock to Myrtle Beach each year is for the fantastic golf that we offer. Home to over 100 golf courses, many of them award winning, you could easily spend your whole vacation on the links. You could easily play several different courses during your vacation and decide which one is your favorite. You may just find that it is hard to pick just one!
3. People: You will find that people from around the world flock to Myrtle Beach to vacation and live. You will certainly find the charm of the South here in Myrtle Beach, with southern belles and gentlemen who are polite and charming. Bikers love visiting us during Bike Week, and a whole range of other characters in between make Myrtle Beach their home. No matter what type of character you are, you will find yourself falling in love with this quirky little city.
4. Shopping: If “shop ’til you drop” is a personal mantra, then Myrtle Beach will quickly become a travel favorite for you. You can spend hours of days wandering the shops of the The Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing and so much more. We offer brand names and boutiques alike, making our city a shopping destination in the South. Make sure to leave extra room in your suitcase for all of the treasure that you will find here!
5. Food: If there is one thing that southerners take seriously, it is their food. That is why you can find incredible food in Myrtle Beach for every type of appetite. Being right on the ocean means that our restaurants offer the freshest seafood cooked to please. Pair your shrimp or fish with some fried delicacies and you will be wondering how you will ever return home. Plan an evening for fine dining at Ruth Chris’ Steakhouse to savor a quality piece of meat. After playing in the sun all day, you will find that you have a mighty big appetite and will look forward to tasting some quality southern food.
These are just a few reasons why Myrtle Beach, SC is a tourist favorite for people around the country. Take in the southern culture, learn about the history of Myrtle Beach and just enjoy your time here in South Carolina by planning a trip to Myrtle Beach this year.